What it looks like to live as an introvert, as told by an introvert.
A lot of people think being an introvert is limited to wanting to be alone.
But really, it’s so much more.
This is why Maureen Wilson decided to illustrate some of the best parts of being an introvert. Introverts can be observant, and they can be good listeners. Some introverts enjoy being with people often while other introverts love being alone most of the time.
But it’s estimated that about one-third to half of the U.S. population are introverts, so no two introverts are the same. Here are 10 things Wilson wants you to know about an introvert’s life.
1. Introverts are more than quiet.
2. An introvert’s guide to fashion may include conversation-proof clothing items and accessories.
3. They might also have a few T-shirts to add to the mix.
4. Introverts and extroverts actually share a few commonalities.
5. Their alone time often isn’t lonely.
6. Their weekends might look a little bit less full, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t relaxing.
7. Home tends to be where the heart truly is for an introvert.
8. This Magic 8 Ball game truly captures being an introvert.
9. Sometimes, talking to non-humans can lead to easier conversations, too.
10. But what most introverts want you to know, above anything else, is that being at peace with themselves makes them the happiest of all.
These images originally appeared on Introvert Doodles and are republished here with the author’s permission.