- The 2016 Golden Globes were held on Monday at Beverly Hills Hotel
- Celebrity hairdresser Anthony Nader revealed the secrets behind glam hair
- He shared his tips for elegant up-dos, messy ponytails and soft waves
- He revealed the styles of Jennifer Lopez, Natalie Dormer and Amy Adams
- Mr Nader also spoke about Alicia Vikander and Keltie Knight’s lush locks
Behind every A-lister is a glam-squad of stylists, hairdressers and make up artists who spend weeks planning their red-carpet look.
So when TV and film’s leading ladies stepped out for the 2016 Golden Globe Awards on Monday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, they did so in enviable style.
But leading celebrity hairdresser and RAW salon owner Anthony Nader said it is possible to recreate the glamour of the Golden Globes at home.
The Sydney stylist revealed to FEMAIL the secrets behind Alicia Vikander, Amy Adams, Natalie Dormer, Jennifer Lopez and Keltie Knight’s luscious locks.
Scroll down for video
From red carpet to your living room: Celebrity hairdresser Anthony Nader spoke to FEMAIL about how to get the hottest Golden Globe hair styles at home
The stunning Alicia Vikander wore couture by Louis Vuitton and completed her look with a braided up-do.
The actress, who was nominated for The Danish Girl, wore the striped and pleated white dress that cinched in the waist and featured a frill-neck and low back.
Wowing in white: The stunning Alicia Vikander wore couture by Louis Vuitton and completed her look with a braided up-do
1. No need to wash your hair and head straight (no pun intended) for your can of dry shampoo to give your strands more grip.
Spray on the roots and massage in and brush through with a large paddle brush from roots to ends.
2. Work in your desired partline then clip the whole front section away so you can mould the back section.
3. Create a low ponytail and make a few tails and twist each one low into the nape area and pin to secure.
4. Unclip the front section now, twist one side first starting your twist right up on the forehead and directing a tight shape down towards the bundle of twisted tails at the back and pin to secure.
For extra shine now add your shine hairspray.
Jennifer Lopez looked every bit the Hollywood A-lister in her stand-out yellow form-fitting gown with a saucy slit up one side, paired with dazzling shoes and jewellery.
Her chic lob perfectly complemented her dazzling gown and heavy accessories.
Eye-popping: Jennifer Lopez’s chic lob perfectly complemented her dazzling gown and heavy accessories
1. On freshly washed hair apply your Volumizing spray and light weight sheen spray all over and rake through then blast 80% dry.
2. Place in your sweeping off centered part and divide hair into four even sections. Start off by blowing out the front sections with your large round brush so the hair doesn’t sit flat-to-the-head. Then do the same with the back section splicing up the hair to blow dry the hair easier and do this all the way up to the crown.
3. For extra oomph now grab at least eight medium sized hot rollers and wind them in all away from your face to ensure beautiful soft ripples of tumbling waves.
4. Remember though to wait for the rollers to cool right down so your Hollywood waves will last longer and then spray your hair all over with your hairspray.
Amy Adams opted for a tangerine Versace gown with embellishments around the waist and the length of the skirt.
The star kept it simple yet elegant with her lightly tousled and beautifully classic waves as she hit the red carpet.
Tangerine and tousled: Amy Adams kept it simple yet elegant with her lightly tousled and beautifully classic waves as she hit the red carpet
1. Make sure you start off by washing your tresses with a shine factor shampoo and conditioner for extra glam and shake your mane 80% dry so you not wasting time here.
2. Douse your strands in a volumizing foam all over then comb through. Divide hair up into two sections, clip the top half away and start blowing out the underneath section with your medium size round brush which gives extra volume.
3. Now you have completed the underneath section, blowout the top section and mould your hair to work away from your face to highlight your facial features.
4. For added voluminous waves grab your medium size barrel tongs and wind vertical sections all the way to the ends to create cascading supple waves.
Keep your new glam hair in place and brush out the waves a little then spray all over to last the night.
Natalie Dormer wore a crimson, hand-pleated gown by J. Mendel with a stunning embroidered neckline.
The English actress shook things up with a messy ponytail, adding some edge to her classic look.
Rock chic: English actress shook things up with a messy ponytail, adding some edge to her classic look
Skip the washing of your hair here as you need your strands more dirtier rather than silky clean.
2. Sprinkle some dry shampoo powder in on your roots and then place in your center part.
3. Brush over your low ponytail but not so it looks stuck down and more on the natural side and secure the base of the tail low.
4. Brush the tail smooth so it’s soft and romantic in appearance.
Let the whispies around your face fall out so the hairstyle looks more modern now and not old fashioned
Keltie Knight stunned in an emerald Nina gown from Walter Collection.
The figure-hugging dress sat elegantly off the shoulders, and she teamed the design with diamonds from Michael John Jewelry.
She completed her look with a classic side-swept style, perfectly complementing her eye-popping gown.
Classic: Keltie Knight stunned in an emerald Nina gown from Walter Collection and wore her hair in a simple swept and wavy side do
1. After washing your hair apply your firm hard mousse all over and comb through from roots to ends. Pop your head over as this is easiest to dry your hair off quicker and use your hairdryer to blast dry.
2. Divide hair into four even sections and starting at the back, smoothing out the hair with maximum volume and curving the ends with your brush.
Once the back is complete now apply the same method to the front half and maximizing volume.
3. Now to make it easier take the same four sections and method, then grab your medium size hot tongs and wind sections starting at the nape area (approx 2 inches) horizontal as this maximizes volume and finishing at the front hairline.
4. Once tonged and cooled down, glide over your waves with your brush to smooth over and give your strands a spray to keep in place.