The mother of a U.S. State Department official who was killed in a terrorist attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012 has called Hillary Clinton a liar during an interview on Fox News.
Pat Smith, whose son Sean was murdered in the attack along with three other Americans, believes the former Secretary of State blamed the killings on a controversial movie, ‘Innocence of Muslims’ at a memorial service for the victims.
Mrs Smith claims the Democratic presidential front runner made the comments during a private meeting with family members of the victims following a memorial service on September 14, just days after the attack.
During the interview on Fox News, she told Megyn Kelly she was unable to stay for the whole film at a recent screening of 13 Hours, a film about the entire episode, after becoming distraught at the portrayal of her departed son, before her emotions turned to anger.
Scroll down for video
Pat Smith, pictured, whose son Sean was one of four Americans killed in Benghazi, Libya in September 2012, has called former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton a liar when it comes to her account of the terror attack
Smith claims that Hillary Clinton, pictured, told families following a memorial service for the victims that the attack on the compound was a result of a movie ‘Innocence of Muslims’. Clinton denies the allegation
Sean Smith was one of the four Americans killed at the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya in 2012
Speaking to Megyn Kelly, Mrs Smith said, ‘Hillary is a liar! I know what she told me. I know what she said and not only did she say it, but Obama said the same thing to me and Panetta, and Biden and Susan Rice. I went up to all of them, begging them to tell me what happened. They all said it was a video. Every single one of them.’
The video being referred to, was claimed by Clinton and other officials to have sparked the attack on the Benghazi compound.
The attack also claimed the lives of another former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, along with Ambassador Christopher Steven.
Last month, Clinton told a meeting in New Hampshire that she had not told the families that the film was responsible for the deadly attack.
She claimed that if someone was lying about the meeting following the memorial service, it was not her.
Last week, Charles Woods, whose son Tyrone was murdered in the attack challenged Mrs Clinton to take a lie detector test.
The challenge prompted a vigorous debate on various social media.
The frustrated, bereaved mother of Sean Smith went on to repeat her claim that — despite being the mother of the fallen diplomat — she wasn’t told anything after the funeral ceremony because they didn’t consider her a member of the immediate family
Armed terrorists attacked the US consulate in Benghazi on September 11, 2012, pictured, killing four people
US ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens, pictured, was among the four Americans murdered in the attack
Fresh account: The film, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi is released in U.S. theaters on January 15
One commentator, Jason Stanley said: ‘I’d love to get all family members that she lied to together, and have them take a lie detector tests about what they were told. This would make for a great commercial discrediting her… It’s horrible that she can discredit these people for her gain, they have been through enough.’
Several others suggested Clinton will not agree to the test because she will fail.
One Twitter user claimed the test, if it went ahead ‘would cause a coast to coast power failure’.
However one person, with the moniker ‘Baby Jesus’ defended the former Secretary of State.
He said: ‘What I don’t get and that I don’t hear the media talking about is that even if their deaths were in fact a result of that silly video, how is the creation of that video even a crime?
‘He had a constitutional right to make it. The crime committed was by those who had slain the ambassador and his protectors.
‘Why would Hillary shift the blame from those who are obviously responsible to a small time filmmaker?
‘It’s like someone going out killing people because they hated the new Star Wars movie and the authorities go after JJ Abrahams instead of the evil psychopath that committed the murders.
MailOnline has approached the Clinton campaign for a comment relating to the claims.